AWARDS, HONORS, & CREDENTIALS
Apart from being the winner of the prestigious Fashion week of America’s International New Star” Designer Award in the year 2002-’03, Anand has also won several acclaimed awards, honors and credentials such as —
- Asia Society Guest of Honor 2004, Asia on my mind.
- Winner of Peoples Choice Award “Best New Designer”2002, Dans Papers
- Winner of SASA 2004 Award for breakthrough in Arts and Business.
- Indian-American Kerala Cultural & Civic Center Outstanding accomplishment Award 2002.
- Selected Top 12 new fashion brands of the future in the world by In Style Europe 2001-2002.
- Parsons School of Design official Jury starting 2004.
- Helping Hands Charity with M Night Shyamalan, Anand Jon & Ms Universe’03 Amelia Vega
- Selected by A Magazine as among the Top 21 Asians to watch out for in the 21st century
- Selected as one of the 25 “Faces of the Future” leaders of the new millennium by India Today.
- Selected for the prestigious NYC 2000 by Mayor Guiliani among the top 70 designers in the world
- Picked as one of the Top looks of the Millennium /NYC 2000 – Oprah Winfrey show “Oprah”
- Official International Spokesman for CARE International children’s charity.
- Judge for Miss India 2002.
- Judge for FEMME 2003 with FUBU & E!’s Leon Hall.
- The Shakespeare Theater (Hamptons, the Peter Beard mansion) Costumes by Anand Jon ’01
- Special Host of Iceland Fashion Week (with Patricia Fields of Sex & the City/ HBO), MTV Asia, MTV.
- Selected to be the official host (co hosted by Ms Universe 2003 and Michelle Rodriguez) of the US ARMY/USO July 4th 2003 celebrations at Fort Dix, NJ.
- The Fashion Group Int’l, Member NYC 2003 selected / sponsored by Margaret Hayes, President of FGI.
- Profiled designer in Tyra Banks, America’s Next Top Model, 2003.
- Selected to co-host the first ever MTV Asia Fashion awards 2003.
- Picked on ABC & A &E “American Royalty” series as the “It Designer” who launches “It Girls” featuring Amanda &Lydia Hearst, Paris & Nicky Hilton, Ivanka Trump. Lauren Bush(other “It Makers” included Richard Johnson / Page Six, Patrick Mc Mullan and Michael Musto of Village Voice)
- Runway features debuts of Amanda Hearst, Michelle Rodriguez, Mya, Izabella Miko, Ananda Lewis, Princess Olivia of Spain, Max Tucci the Count of Florence and featured Paris Hilton, Nicky Hilton, Lydia Hearst.
- Selected as one of the “Sexiest South Asians in America” Bibi 2004
- Listed in Newsweek’s “Who’s Next in 2007?” (read more)
- Selected by Newsweek as one of the most successful South Asians in the world 2004.
- Selected in the NR Eyes 50 most Influential Indians in the world (Book and TV series) 2004
- Was placed in PaperMag’s “The 10 Biggest scandals that Rocked Downtown since the 70’s” (read more)
- Was selected in the WMagazine’s “Fashion Scandals of the past 40 years” (read more)
- Was the center of attention in NYPost’s “Designer Rapist Anand Jon Still has 48 sex-attack counts dropped, still faces 54 years” (read more)
- Perez Hilton wrote that “Designer Anand Jon gets mini victory in court” (read more)
- Was featured in NewYorkSocialDiary’s “Designing for a higher cause” (read more)
With such a long list of credentials and a rising career, everything was going his way until a fateful day in 2007 when he was convicted for count of forcible rape, an attempted kiss, touching on the thigh (sexual battery) by the Los Angeles court even though the evidences were in his favor. Anand passed the lie detector test and a negative rape kit. This was a real TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE. Presently Anand Jon is kept at the Riker’s Island jail in New York waiting for his fresh trial, fighting against the odds of injustice meted to him.
Let us join hands in voicing our views against this injustice and let TRUTH behold!